saving tags in cargo table
Markus Heckmann
2017-05-26 21:06:21 UTC
Hello,

I got stuck again with a new issue:
For one of my templates I require to save text which can include tags that point to extensions like <syntaxhighlight>. Unfortunately, what is saved in the table is a stripmarker from syntaxhighlight - something like this: '"`UNIQ--syntaxhighlight-0000000B-QINU`"'

I tried getting around this by using a lua script to replace the tag before passing it on to another template where I'm saving it to a table but it seems the syntaxhighlight is evaluated too early for me to interject?

Is there a way to save strings that contain these kinds of tags in the cargo db?

Thank you very much
Markus
Yaron Koren
2017-05-26 23:38:34 UTC
Hi Markus,

If that field is not of type "Wikitext", I would try changing it to
"Wikitext" - hopefully that will fix the problem. If that doesn't work, it
may be a bug.

-Yaron
Hello,
Markus Heckmann
2017-05-27 14:50:10 UTC
Hi Yaron,

I had it first set to Wikitext and then thought that I might have to change it to Text. So this might be a bug.
Any hints where I could look to fix it? I’m not a php expert but can find my way around…

Best

Markus Heckmann
2017-05-29 20:13:04 UTC
Looking at this a bit more, I added a debug statement in the CargoStore Class after breaking up the parameters passed in and returned $parts…
Already here I could see that the strip markers are in the text instead of the <syntaxhighlight> tags and what’s inside.

I saw something about a $parser->unstrip() function - would that be the right direction to look in if I need the <syntaxhghlight> saved unevaluated into the cargo db?

Best
Markus