Non-case-sensitive search possible?
Kai Sommer
2017-06-06 16:29:38 UTC
Hi SMW-users!

I ascertained with my SMW 2.5.2 and no special settings, that the search
always is case-sensitive.

After a little investigation I found out, that the MySQL query (LIKE)
theoretically could be made with a additional LOWER() to search
non-case-sensitive, but SMW is not doing LOWER() the search string …

=> Is there a known option to achieve my goal (− doing a
non-case-sensitive search)?
(I don’t want to enable the full-text search.)

Thanks a lot and best regards!

Kai
[[kgh]]
2017-06-06 19:14:05 UTC
Heiya Kai,

perhaps storing the data values by wrapping them into the lc parser
function is a way out.

Cheers Karsten
James HK
2017-06-07 07:04:03 UTC
Hi,
Post by [[kgh]]
Post by Kai Sommer
After a little investigation I found out, that the MySQL query (LIKE)
theoretically could be made with a additional LOWER() to search
non-case-sensitive, but SMW is not doing LOWER() the search string …
perhaps storing the data values by wrapping them into the lc parser
function is a way out.
Those suggestions do not really solve the issue and depend either on
the application layer or modify a search string arbitrarily.
Post by [[kgh]]
Post by Kai Sommer
=> Is there a known option to achieve my goal (− doing a
non-case-sensitive search)?
(I don’t want to enable the full-text search.)
If I have time during the weekend, I'll post a recommendation at [0]
based on [1].

[0] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki
[1] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/issues/1912

Cheers
James HK
2017-06-10 12:58:48 UTC
Hi,
Post by James HK
If I have time during the weekend, I'll post a recommendation at [0]
based on [1].
As hinted earlier this week, [0] contains the recommendation.

[0] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/pull/2499

Cheers
Post by James HK
Hi,