[SMW] CSV format not honoring limit parameter
Emmanuel Décarie
2013-06-27 21:44:08 UTC
Hello,

MediaWiki 1.20.6 (ddc3327)
PHP 5.4.7 (fpm-fcgi)
MySQL 5.5.28-log

SemanticBundle version 1.8.0.4

I'm a little bit new to Semantic MediaWiki and from what I gather, CSV format if coming from the core of SMW.

Anyway, here's my problem.

I have many queries where the "limit" parameter is not honored. It always default to 100. Even if I changed it to 10 or 1000.

Here's an example of such a query:

{{#ask: [[Catégorie:Local]]
|? Est attribué à l unité
|format=csv
|limit=1000
}}

The only way to change the limit is to directly hack the file:
SemanticMediawiki/includes/queryprinters/SMW_QP_CSV.php

Am I missing something here?

Are others seeing the same thing?

Thanks!

Cheers
-Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Décarie / Programmation pour le Web - Programming for the Web
scriptdigital.com - lettre13.com - AIM: scriptdigital - twitter: @emmanu - Skype: emmanueldecarie
ECTO - Espace coopératif de travail - ecto.coop - Manet et manebit
lbillett
2017-07-25 12:41:45 UTC
Post by Emmanuel Décarie
I have many queries where the "limit" parameter is not honored. It always
default to 100. Even if I changed it to 10 or 1000.
I was seeing this behavior in SMW 2.1. I needed something on the order of
2000-4000 rows to come back. On going to sandbox to verify, found this
article on the subject [1]. I knew I had bumped up our $smwgQMaxInlineLimit
a few years ago, but on review I had only increased it to 1000. Bumping it
up to 5000 solved my issue.

Setting the limit to lower values (ie 10) did seem to work for me fine.
Maybe this is another issue.

lpab

[1] https://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Issue/2474