SMW 2.5.0 change
cindy.cicalese
2017-06-19 15:29:47 UTC
I discovered when preparing to upgrade from SMW 2.4.2 to SMW 2.5.2 that there
has been a change in the default value for the separator between multiple
values for a property using the template result format. The change was
introduced in
https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/pull/2331.

My wikis have many places where an #ask query uses a template result format
and one of the fields returned is multi-valued. I typically use #arraymap
(from PageForms) to separate the values at the comma separator for further
processing. However, without valuesep specified, the separator is now
defaulting to a space rather than a comma even when I try to turn off the
feature with $smwgResultFormatsFeatures.

I am faced with the proposition of finding all of the #ask queries in all of
my wikis that use a template result format and then examining all of those
templates to see if I use any #arraymap calls and then returning to the
query to add "valuesep=,".

Is the fact that valuesep defaults to a space rather than a comma a bug or a
conscious choice? Having sep default to a space seems to be useful, but it
would be helpful if valuesep defaulted to a comma to retain the behavior of
the template result format prior to 2.5.0.

Thank you,

Cindy