Is there a maximum number of properties that can be attached to a page?
St-Germain, Jimmy
2017-07-04 19:34:50 UTC
Dear mediawikites,

Is there a maximum number of properties that can be attached to a single plage?

I'm having some issue with a page that presently has a lot of properties attached. It seems I can't add anymore...

Jimmy St-Germain
Coordinator, Music Service Department | Legal and Business Affairs
8400, 2nd avenue, Montréal (Qc), Canada, H1Z 4M6
(514) 723-7646 ext. 7178
Jimmy.st-***@cirquedusoleil.com
John

St-Germain, Jimmy
2017-07-04 19:50:40 UTC
Here are a few more details (by the way, in my email below, I meant to write "page", not "plage"!):

I need to describe the content of our various shows. In order to do that, in any given song, I have a property which points to its proper show.

A show might sometimes have an acrobatic tableau which has no music played. To actively document that, I created the page "No music" which acts exactly the same as a song page. The thing is, with so many shows and so many acts which feature no music, I'm topping out at 273 properties linking back to various shows in the "No music" page.

James HK
2017-07-04 21:27:55 UTC
Hi,
Post by St-Germain, Jimmy
Is there a maximum number of properties that can be attached to a single plage?
No.
Post by St-Germain, Jimmy
Multipe factors will influance how much you can do.
Exactly.
Post by St-Germain, Jimmy
I'm having some issue with a page that presently has a lot of properties
attached. It seems I can't add anymore...
To clarify, are we talking about:

- Value assignments [[SomeProperty::Value1]], [[SomeProperty::Value2]] or
- Different property assignments [[Property1::Value1]], [[Property2::Value1]]?

Just to give some numbers as to what is possible, [0] is used to test
value annotations in connection with a single page [1] and creates
~1500 value pairs at once. Of course, [1] is not meant as best
practice but shows that even that amount of data on a single page is
possible.
Post by St-Germain, Jimmy
which feature no music, I'm topping out at 273 properties linking back to
various shows in the "No music" page.
It is a bit unclear what this means but you may use the sandbox [2] to
clarify your observation.

[0] https://gist.github.com/mwjames/a5d844c58d8806dcaa19ec13002442f2
[1] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/pull/2267
[2] https://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org

Cheers
[[kgh]]
2017-07-04 19:48:54 UTC
Heiya Jimmy,

so you are getting a 500? Probably depends on the memory you allocate
to the wiki ($wgMemoryLimit) on how much you may save. Also have a look
that you already allocate enough memory via php already (php_value
memory_limit). In the end the error log will verify if this is actually
the issue. I had this once on a wiki and providing more memory helped to
get more stuff in. PHP's max_execution_time and max_input_time may play
a role too.

Probably you will also have to revisit your data model and find ways to
relocate information.

Multipe factors will influance how much you can do.

Cheers Karsten