How to use "Semantic Forms Select" with "Page Schemas"
rkevans
2017-06-27 19:48:59 UTC
ok.. basic usage question..

I have an #ASK query as:

{{#ask:
[[Category:myTopic]]
}}

and it produces a nice semantic list result of page names that are in the
category "myTopic"

I have used this to manually modify a "Forms" page with the "Semantic Forms
Select" syntax to produce a pull-down menu with the ASK results as the
selection options.

My question is: ... where in the Page Schema XML (or helper) do I add the
SFS ASK statement so that the Form page is generated with the same SFS
functionality as when I edit the form manually?

Thank you!
-Rich

rkevans
2017-06-28 14:39:58 UTC
ok.. silly me.. it's obvious (sort of)

I just selected "dropdown" as the form input type and then added the
following text in as the parameters:

input type=SF_Select,
query=((Category:MyClass1));format~list;sep~\,;link~none;headers~hide;limit~500

sidenote --- going to test if selecting "dropdown" is required? or if
"SF_Select" parameter override whatever you choose in Page Schema?