[Semediawiki-user] Request for a stable SMW w/ SF and SFS working well.
rkevans
2017-06-26 19:11:59 UTC
Hello.. Would anyone be willing to share with me a zipped-up mediawiki
installation folder with SMW, SF, and SFS all compatibly running and tested?
.. All my attempts to use the latest "stable" versions of these three
elements together with the latest version of Mediawiki have met with
problems relating to composer-based dependency issues and i am stabbing in
the dark at trying to find a compatible set of versions..

I just want to do the actual wiki page programming and I can't seem to
download and install a mediawiki site that runs them all by following the
instructions. My thoughts are that one of you out there might be willing to
share a stable setup with me that I can point it to a ready to go database.

thanks in-advance
-Rich

[[kgh]]
2017-06-27 08:41:09 UTC
Hi Rich,

cannot tell what the issue is with Composer at you end however I just
tested on a legacy Debian 8 to install SMW 2.5.2, SFS 2.1.0 together
with PF 4.1 with out issues. That's the "composer.local.json" I was using:

{
"require": {
"mediawiki/semantic-media-wiki": "2.5.2",
"mediawiki/page-forms": "4.1",
"mediawiki/semantic-forms-select": "2.1.0"
}
}

This set of extensions should work.

Cheers Karsten
rkevans
2017-06-27 12:47:44 UTC
Hi Karsten!

running

{
"require": {
"mediawiki/semantic-media-wiki": "2.5.2",
"mediawiki/page-forms": "4.1",
"mediawiki/semantic-forms-select": "2.1.0"
}
}

in "composer.local.json" (and doing a composer update from the mw install
dir) seems to be the working combination I needed and has done the trick. I
am much obliged and eager to start developing the semantic website now.

Cheers and Rock on!
-Rich

[[kgh]]
2017-06-27 13:10:42 UTC
Hi Rich,

I am glad that it worked out. :) Happy editing.

Cheers Karsten
Post by rkevans
Hi Karsten!
running