[Semediawiki-user] Get a value from the URL
Geevarghese, James (JSC-CX35)[SGT, INC]
2017-07-07 13:12:38 UTC
Good morning everyone,

Is there a way to set the current page name as a query string to a form edit link, and then have the form set that value as the default value for a combo box? I want the page name they are opening the form from set as a property on the new page. I saw the extension "UrlGetParameters", but wondering if there is a way to do it without installing the extension. If anyone could help out, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

James Geevarghese

Intern

***@nasa.gov<mailto:***@nasa.gov>
Yaron Koren
2017-07-07 15:17:29 UTC
I responded to this same question on mediawiki-l (after this email was
already sent), but if anyone is wondering, the answer can be found in the
5th item here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Page_Forms/Linking_to_forms#Preloading_data

-Yaron

Ralf Hagenbuck
2017-07-07 15:26:25 UTC
You could  preload data to the Form [1]. Use {{PAGENAME}} or {{FULLPAGENAME}} to feed  it to the form where you want.

[1] https://m.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Extension:Page_Forms/Linking_to_forms

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Ralf Hagenbuck

---- Geevarghese, James (JSC-CX35)[SGT, INC] schrieb ----